October 26, 2008

Sunday Update

We are a wee bit tired today, MrS and I.
Last night we were invited to a small dinner party, at friends'. Small in the sense that we were only three couples, including the host and hostess. If you have read my previous blogs you know that's just right for me! So what did we have to eat? Well, for starters we had an absolutely deliciously devine Chanterelle soup and for the main course a great big hunk of a Lobster. Lots and lots of food on these ones. Then for afters they treated us to some apple tarte with custard. All too good to describe. Yum. We were back home again just before 2 am - so that's why we are tired. That is one of the reasons anyway!


Earlier this morning MrS had a phone call about a water leak at a big manufacturing company here in T town. Alot of water. MrS told him to call the fire brigade, the "normal" way, by calling 112. After a while we heard the beeper going off. Actually both our beepers. They think it was probably a culvert of sorts underneath the factory that has either collapsed or in some way doesn't lead the water onwards away from the factory. So in a little while MrS is going there to do a 6-hour shift. I am glad they figured they only needed one of us. I am all too happy just relaxing at home on a Sunday night. I'm a bit lazy like that. This is getting worse by age too!

For right now I am planning on entereing a few posts/people into my genealogy program instead. I had every intention to update my homepage this weekend, but as it takes a couple of hours, I will wait until I have a little more time on my hands. I know from experience that something always goes wrong transferring those files. So I need some extra time for those tiresome eventualities. I am entering some Björkman families right now. From Årsunda, Gävleborg (X). The current one is my "farmors farmors mosters dotterdotters dotter" - I have no idea how to translate that in English - anyway it's my "gg grandmother's aunt's g niece's daughter". Any suggestions you bilinguals out there?

So, I'll just get on with it, ok. Happy Sunday Evening!

2 comments:

Lori's Light Extemporanea said...

Not bilingual, but let's just leave it the way it is. :-)

Is S. on the FD too? I didn't know that! I'm glad you got to rest up.

msta62 said...

Thank you! Yes, he was actually my boss/foreman in my group.. he he - worked all right though. It is when he tries to be the boss at home, things can get a bit ugly :-) Nah, just kidding! Happy Sunday Cousin!