October 30, 2008

Storm!

The press and meteorologists have gone out with this warning for the coming weekend. ”Snow and slippery, dangerous, roads”.

They say it is a little bit too early. Yeah right, what’s new about that? Bad things do tend to come ”too early”. Us (fortunates?) on the west coast will most likely get the downpour in rain. Nothing fun about that either. We’ve had quite enough of this weather recently. Lookee here: ”E6: Rabbalshede–Strömstad – among the most dangerous roads in Sweden”. Figures. It goes right through where yours truly lives.

The good side of bad weather is that you get to stay indoors. Guess what I intend to do? After the cleaning, washing and the general tidying up after the working week is done. And if MrS is away. And if I am left alone at home. Yup. One word.

Genealogy.

Yay!

On the more enjoyable note I can tell that the Web Dept. delivered my new computer at work today. Double Yay! The screen was HUGE and the noice the computer made was LOUD. But, I guess I will have to turn on the radio or something to block that out. Guess it is the fan. Probably. Have the same problem at home. But it is loud, hmmm?? Anyway, partly a pleasant enough day.

Now, being alone for a couple of hours, I am posting this. AND will take some time on my genealogy hunt too. Anyone have an Oskar Albin Gustafsson in their family tree – give me a holler! I am “desperately seeking” this man; he is/was my great great uncle. My maternal grandmother’s father’s brother. Vanished in thin air in (we think) Chicago, Ill. sometimes between 1891 and 1895. He has been “bothering” me for years now…or rather evaded me perhaps.

Genealogy...

No comments: