October 14, 2008

I'm tagged! Oh No Not Again!

Just got tagged by Cousin L! Hey - you know I only have you that I can tag back! I know that you are really good at this blogging business, but I don't think you'd want to do this all over. Right? So, I will be a good sport and try this out - and not to tag you back.

Anyways, this is what I am supposed to do - coming from Cousin L:

"Six unspectacular things about myself"

1. Not the most social person in the world. (Which could receive the "Understatement of The Year Award") I am very social with family and a few close friends. When I want to. I enjoy my own company, or to do things in my own good time.

2. I love to read & alot. Spent my teens at home, cooped up in my room, reading away and listening to music. First came all the books about horses (early teens of course) and then came the passion for CRIME novels. Preferably in English. Haven't passed on to anything else. Have had a book written by one of the presidential candidates on my nightstand for eons now. Obviously it didn't do that much for me. One of these days it might be different and I will get through it. Alot of people like it. I've heard. They are probably right. I just want to start on another - solving another crime.

3. Love genealogy. For the hunt and search. I always wanted to be a copper - until they told me my eyesight was too poor. Since then they have changed all that - but now I am way too old! (And probably too set in my ways....) Also love it for all the COUSINS I have found!

4. Hmm. Yes. I would love to speak the English language fluently. Not sure which dialect though. British English/US English? Once in my mid teens I spent a month in Great Britain/England and someone mistook me for a Scotsman. I was really flattered. I love that accent and I can understand why someone with a bit of a Swedish accent would mistakenly be taken for a Scotsman/-woman. Also love the Aussie accent. Very sexy!

5. I am singleminded to a fault. See some of the above. Genealogy tend to overwhelm you (read "me"). You think about it during the day, what sources you have looked at, what can be searched next. Who WERE that ggg uncles second wife's parents? That goes for reading too - just have to read one more chapter before light's out, just one more page...

6. I am a home person. Not the one to go out partying "all night long". See no 1 above. I like small dinner parties at home, with a few select people. And I don't want it to drag on too long. How about midnight for a nice conclusion of a nice evening! I did all my partying before and around the age of 20 - so I am done with it. Done that - seen that!

6a. Reading the above gives you a hint - I am a bore & a stiff*!

And proud of it too!

Not sure this is what I was supposed to do when Cousin L tagged me. But hey, now you get a small picture of what's me and what I am all about. And I promised you CL that I wouldn't tag you again!

Now this is what y'all** have to do:

Meme terms & conditions:
1. link the person who tagged you
2. mention the rules on your blog
3. list 6 unspectacular things about you
4. tag 6 other bloggers**

*stiff in the meaning I'm a bore - not a stiff stiff, i e a dead person. I am very much alive!
** if, like me, you don't know enough bloggers, bummer!

1 comment:

Lori's Light Extemporanea said...

Sorry about that. I do have to say that I enjoy reading about you, even if you're "boring". I'm always amazed at how Europeans are multi-lingual. I can crip around in Spanish, as long as I don't have to conjugate any verbs in the past tense, but that's the extent of my languages.