November 06, 2008

Evasive ancestor alt. My no 1 Brick Wall

I am doing a rerun on this entry. Maybe persistence will finally get me some results?
This is a man who has evaded me for years...

"Desperately Seeking":
OSKAR ALBIN GUSTAFSSON

If you have any info on this man - I'd be eternally greatful. He was born in Skaraborg, Sweden on Oct 19, 1865. He departed from Gothenburg, Sweden, to the US (Chicago, Ill.) on March 27, 1891 and touched American soil on April 13, 1891.

According to the picture above he would at least have been to Chicago, for the picture to be taken. His brother Johan Simon (Gustafsson) Wallin went to search for him in 1895. Without any luck in finding him. This is according to my grandmother, who has provided this information.

By the way - Oscar/Oskar is my maternal great grandfather's brother. That would be my maternal grandmother's paternal uncle. Whichever is easiest.

Back to the search!

No comments: