January 18, 2008

Storms & Hurricanes!

Yesterday a storm warning was declare for the western part of the country. A grade 2 (two) warning, on the the 3 grade scale. A 2 warning meaning a hightened risk for people to be injured and material things to get damaged.

Now, what really happened is that it was surely stormy and at times even hurricane winds, 32 m/s. Some people still have no electricity, trees have fallen over telephone- and electrical lines and a bridge had to be closed off because of the strong winds. Heard on the news this am that it isn't even getting a (female) name... So I guess it wasn't all that bad!

And now in Swedish for those of you who wish to indulge in "Svenska-lektioner":

Igår utfärdades en stormvarning för västkusten. En 2:a på en 3-gradig skala. En 2:a innebär en ökad risk för mänsklig och materiell skada.

Vad som verkligen hände idag var att det var stormigt, och i vindbyarna upp till 32 m/s, vilket innebär orkanbyar. Några är fortfarande utan el, träd har fallit över telefon- och elledningar och en bro stängdes med anledning av de starka vindarna. Hörde på nyheterna i eftermiddags att dagens storm inte bevärdigas med ett (kvinnligt) namn... Så det var nog inte så farligt ändå!

Swedish lesson closed!

This weekend I am indulging in a couple of days on my own.
So what am I doing with this "free" time of mine? Well, I am reading alot: today I finished the second Odd Thomas book, which I enjoyed as much as the first one. The third I mean to finish tomorrow! And I am desperately googling for an ancestral chart - thought I would have one made for my gran who will be 95 in February. I know she would love that! She has been an great inspiration in my genealogy "quest" from the very beginning - and she has the memory of an elephant! Which I am truly thankful for. (For obvious reasons.)

So that is what I am off to - cheerio for now!

1 comment:

Lori's Light Extemporanea said...

Yow! No wonder you've been hunkered down! I'm glad y'all're ok.