July 22, 2008

Sommar & Sol - Snart!

This is my last week at work before the long awaited vacation begins next week. I am having two weeks off at first, then one week at work doing the wages and being on call for the fdptmt, then two weeks more of a hopefully lazy and recreational vacation. That's really all that I wish for. To destress - if that is an English word? If not - you're welcome to it! Free of charge. I feel quite charitable today with only three more days to go.

I know for a fact that we don't have to feel entirely abandoned and alone during the summer. Living on the west coast, with the blue ocean close by, small picturesque villages by the sea, all the boats - some small & some very big, the cliffs and islands out there and alot of pubs and events makes for a nice holiday for alot of people. We "locals" feel a bit overrun and overwhelmed by the summerguests at times. We call them "bad-djävlar" among ourselves, but, hush, don't tell anyone!! The prices on daily groceries and prices in general do increase in our local shops, for sure. That is something that really really really bugs us! Did I tell you that it really bugs us? Thought so! So there! It's out. At least the salesmen/shop keepers could be decent enought to set a price for them and then one price for us regulars. I don't think that is too much to ask! Is it? At least we pay our (local) taxes and pay for the services in this community, which they don't. And use! Oh, enough already. This is something that has been debated in the governement for a couple of years now. Hopefully they will do the right thing soon.*


Anyway, I hope to have a week off with my family in Jkpg this summer too! Hope that is do-able. Is it mom? Just checking if she is in here.
Hi mom?
Hi dad?
Anyone?
Then I just want to chill on the porch alot. Resting & Reading & Relaxing. This porch is such a lift for the entire house and I love it already! S is such a skilled carpenter! S started his vacation yesterday and he is tearing down the balcony and the front entrance as I write. This is the next project on our (ie read: his) renovating of the house. Will see if I recognize the front of the house when I get home. He is dedicated to the rebuilding of our oooold house. Ah, then we are going off on a trip to Öland, an island off the east coast. I have never been there so it will be nice to see if I like it as much as alot of people say they do. We will take our tent and camping gear with us - but I am praying for a hotel, cabin or such. I am not much for camping and the "rugged outdoor life" myself. I prefer ***** star if I get to choose. I'll even go for a hostel if it comes to that.

I love summer - did anyone miss that?

* This didn't sound too gripy did it? I am normally a pretty calm, reasonable and rational human being.
And to those who know me - stop that laughing!

1 comment:

Lori's Light Extemporanea said...

Hi there, Cousin! I don't think you sounded any more gripy than anyone who gets overrun by tourists during the season. It's a shame that you can't flash a secret code or something to get cheaper groceries. Actually, at our markets, you can sometimes sign up for a card that will give you a small break on the price of some groceries. The downside is that the grocery then knows what you personally buy, which creeps me out a bit.

I so wish I could come lounge on your porch! You wouldn't want to lie on my deck today, it's littered with sticks from that storm from last night. I don't even want to walk across it.

Have a happy vacation!

BTW, does most of Sweden go on holiday in August? Another Swede I know on Facebook is on a 2-week jaunt too.