May 06, 2008

In sickness & in health - and an owl!

The whole of last week was no fun & games at all at our house.
I was the first one getting the Shivers & Shakes on Friday. Got out all the extra blankets we have in the house, but still cooold as ice. S followed suite the following Monday. Then the fun just continued with fever, bronchitis, runny noses and total and utter exhaustion. The first two days were spent in a daze - not a chance of getting up. My head telling me "You need to get up!" and my body answering "No way I am getting up - I am beat!" You would think I would be skin and bones from only drinking water for over a week. No. Think again. This body of mine knows exactly when to switch over to the low-low burner to preserve the current weight!

Although not exactly well yet - we are now back at work - like it or not....

One fun thing did actually happen during the daze and illnesses of last week:
We got it confirmed that there is indeed an owl living in our birds nest in our garden. This made S very happy. Now we are impatiently waiting to see the baby birds/owls that "most likely" are in the nest. S filmed about an hours length of film, so the mother owl is duly documented. One of these days I will get a cable to be able to get the film onto my computer.

Now I am tired again.... Bye for now!

1 comment:

Lori's Light Extemporanea said...

I got the e-mail and can't tell you how sorry I was to hear of your woes! I surely feel your pain on that one! But thank you for the lovely lovely postcard! I have it propped up in the kitchen where I can appreciate it while I work.

Feeling better, I trust?