March 20, 2008

Glad Påsk!

Today is Maundy Thursday, half day for most laborers in Sweden. Tomorrow is Good Friday, a day off for most, and then we have Easter. Can't say I remember ever learning the phrase "Maundy Thursday" - but I am sure my English teachers would nod their heads affermatively.

Had such a nice surprise yesterday. Have been home sick this week and didn't go out to get the mail in the mailbox in the morning. S came home and took it in in the afternoon. He said "You've got mail"! That could mean two different things these days. When I was younger it meant that I had had a "regular" mail in the mailbox - a handwritten letter written with a pen or pencil - when today it means that you have an e-mail in your computer. Don't you agree? I so loved recieving those "regular" letters. On the other hand today you can keep in touch so much easier/faster by e-mail. You don't have to go week after week waiting for the mailman anymore. Yippeee!

So THANK YOU cousin L!
HAPPY EASTER to you and your family!
HAPPY EASTER to all of us!

1 comment:

Lori's Light Extemporanea said...

I'm glad it chirked you up. We call that "good mail" around here.